Institutional Effectiveness & Research
The primary purpose of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research (OIER) is to provide centralized resources for efficient and effective data collection, data analysis, data archiving, and data management for institutional research and assessment processes that strengthen and enhance the mission of the College, its programs, and its administration. In line with the mission of the College, OIER:
1. Collects, organizes, analyzes, and reports institutional data to support the College’s executive management, operations, decision-making, and planning functions;
2. Provides official College data and information to governmental agencies and other external agencies for compliance purposes;
3. Ensures data integrity by supporting the development of the College’s administrative and information systems; and
4. Provides data and information to help evaluate and assess institutional resources and programs.
A fundamental value shared by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research (OIER) and the College is that a high degree of quality planning, assessment and institutional research is essential for the College to sustain excellence in teaching, research and public service to meet our commitment to take “Livingstone College to the Next Level.” Hence, OIER is essential to the planning, coordination, collection, organization, compilation, and dissemination of information concerning specific characteristics and performance of the College. For this reason, OIER collects, analyzes, and interprets descriptive data concerning the institution and its activities through thorough and systematic research that supports the institution’s enrollment goals, planning, policy formation, and decision-making processes.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research (OIER) is an important arm of the Division of Institutional Advancement. It is managed by the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Sponsored Programs, and Research. The Assistant Vice President (AVP), who oversees the activities of the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and the Assistant Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research, reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement. The Director of Institutional Effectiveness and the Assistant Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research are responsible for day-to-day operations of OIER.
Responsibilities and Functions of OIER
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research serves as a source of comprehensive information regarding Livingstone College. It collects, analyzes, and disseminates reliable institutional data in a responsive, timely, and ethical manner. Major responsibilities of OIER include:
1. Gathering, compiling, and providing reliable and timely information for internal and external requests;
2. Monitoring all compliance and accreditation issues for the College;
3. Serving as a clearinghouse for most statistical information about the college;
4. Assisting with planning, developing operational plans, and implementing assessment activities that align with College mission and departmental goals;
5. Maintaining, coordinating, and implementing the institutional effectiveness assessment cycle;
6. Helping all functional units identify measures to accomplish operational objectives and learning outcomes;
7. Conducting special research projects;
8. Compiling and reporting institutional data in an annual Fact Book;
9. Coordinating internal survey research;
10. Responding to special data requests ; and
11. Fulfilling data requests for outside agencies, college guidebooks, and publications